Tuesday, July 14, 2009


What a wonderful life I have had!! I was truly blessed the day David Myerscough came into the Long Beach State library and gave me a note asking for a date THAT NIGHT! I was busy, but he did not give up. I guess you could say that the rest is history.
Who would have ever thought that a young man from Lomita and young woman from Long Beach would have ever had such an exciting life. We could have never even dreamed of the wonderful experiences we would have in 44+ years. It was all because of Dave's drive, competitive nature and natural abilities. I will never forget the day in 1964, that he wrote me that he had been hired by "Zerox." He wasn't quite sure what they did, but there were a lot of applicants for only a few jobs. So, he had to compete for the job.
Because of the 35 years with Xerox, we moved so many times. We lived in some wonderful places and made good friends in each. Also, we traveled all over the world. What a wonderful ride it has been.
Dave was a loyal friend, very giving and generous. Oh, I know that he certainly had his moments. Remember, I lived with him. But, he had such a kind and big heart. He would do acts of kindness and never pat himself on his back. I am learning, even now, of the great impact he had on many of his co-workers and friends.
Although Dave worked terribly long hours, he was a loving, giving, kind husband and father. He coached sports when Tod and Heather were involved.
After he retired from Xerox. We moved to Laguna Beach. He could not just hang around. He mentored, consulted and volunteered at the church. He had to keep his mind active.
As you know, Dave was a fighter. That is why it is so difficult to believe that he is not here. He gave his recovery his all, but it wasn't to be.
There is a huge hole in my heart. I have so many wonderful memories and I am the one who was more than blessed for all the years we had together.
The outpouring of love and support will help heal us and ease our new journey. Life will never be the same.
Thank you, Dave. You were my soul-mate and love of my life.
Pink



No comments:

Post a Comment